It’s interesting how a new year can bring clarity – there is something refreshing about it that other times of the year don’t afford. So in that regard, it’s kind of special.
I’m not really one to make resolutions but there have been a number of things that have been building over the past year that I would like to change including:
- getting to bed before midnight, preferably an hour or two earlier,
- not looking at my iPhone right before I go to sleep,
- maintaining a schedule for my personal life that doesn’t include business tasks,
- exercising 3 to 4 times a week because goodness knows I could really use it,
- getting outside into the mountains more regularly because I always crave it and,
- finding a better balance between all of the other stuff that goes on in day to day living.
I’m determined to make this work because I really need it to. I’m sure that I’ll fail at some things but I am also confident that there will be successes too. And looking back on this list, it kind of does look like New Year’s resolutions, but they aren’t. Honest! It’s just things that have been growing over time that can no longer be ignored……and it also just happens to be a new year. Coincidence!
I know I’m not the only one out there with much needed changes on the horizon. Care to share? Don’t be shy! Leave your thoughts in the comments below!